Mampintsha’s mother, ZamaNguni Gumede, passed just a month after the passing of her renowned son.

In the late hours of Sunday at Wentworth hospital, she passed away at the age of 64.

Her sister, Pinki Gumede, verified the news of her tragic death.

She claimed to have paid her a daytime visit.

“Upon my departure, she seemed to be doing OK. She even had us in stitches with her humour. So, she was feeling well, and I left thinking she was on the mend “”Pinki,” they added.

However, this wasn’t the case, and she was called back to the hospital a few hours later.

“After I had just settled down for the night, I got a call from the hospital. I was urged to see her immediately after being informed that she had requested our presence. I arrived to find her hooked up to various tubes and surrounded by medical professionals attempting to revive her condition “what she meant was clarified by her.

“It’s clear now that she meant to say goodbye before she left us. She revealed her advanced age and said that she would be departing. She wanted to know whether everyone was there, and I told her that they were. She was looking for Mampintsha’s son Sponge, but I had to disappoint her. Her eyes were filled with anguish, but she said nothing. She blessed us and we hung around with her for a while. Afterwards, we went our own ways. Towards the end of the day, around 10 o’clock, I got a call telling me that she had passed away “Pinki went on.

This, she continued, is doubly painful. “Definitely not surviving; it’s a double-edged sword for me. Within a span of three weeks, I lost two close friends and family members. The fact that we lack the resources to deal with this just makes matters worse. When it came to policy, Mampintsha handled it everything. Time was not on our side, but we were still making an effort to straighten things up “Pinki said.

It had been a long time since Mampintsha’s mother had been well. With Mampintsha gone, she deteriorated rapidly. She had to be physically carried from place to place since she was unable to walk on her own.

In the days after Mampintsha’s burial, she checked into Wentworth.


Sadly, Mampintsha’s mother passed away after a brief illness.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top